Thursday, June 25, 2015

One day more.

Hello again!

Friends, that verse about Satan being a lion walking around seeking people to devour is no joke.

He is constantly on the attack, and sometimes it's more obvious than others.

It's crazy to me because I don't think I've ever felt so close to my Father, and at the same time feel under attack so strongly. I know that I have the Lord on my side, so I've got nothing to worry about, but it's like whiplash a little bit.

Just when I think I'm in the clear and happy as can be, rejoicing in my Lord and all the blessings I've received since I've been here, something happens that just totally throws a wrench in things.

I am so so thankful that I have the Holy Spirit to help me to see through situations and realize that it's just another one of satan's attempts to steal my joy and ruin my time here!

I'm really getting tired of it. But, I also know that as long as I'm letting myself be used of God, Satan is going to do anything he can to try to make me stop so I just need to get used to it.

One of, if not the biggest, blessings I've received while being here is a heart change I didn't realize I needed.

I feel like when Satan tries to get me to fall into the temptation of complaining or getting irritated or anything like that, I'm able to recognize it better, and it just makes me want to find the good in things that much more.

(If you thought I was an optimist before, just you wait!)

Praise the Lord that he hasn't won. Yes, I've given in to complaining now and then, but not once have I said "I can't take this. It's not worth it."

It's only by the grace of God and His strength that I am still going strong with one full day left here in Panama.

Wait...did I say that correctly?

I only have one day left?

I can't believe it even though the evidence is staring me right in the face!

Before I ever left, everyone was telling me this would happen. That I would blink and I'd be headed home.

Not gonna lie, the first couple of days here it felt like it would never end...ever.

But now that it's here, I honestly can't believe it!

I really feel like I just got here!

I've already been talking to Cristobal about wanting to come back. I mean, I have to come get more coffee right?

Really though, the students and new friends that I've made while I've been here have impacted my life more than I ever could have imagined.

Like I've said before, I came down here to be a blessing, to fill a need. And I've received such a huge blessing in return. A bigger blessing than I feel like I've been!

I think it was all of my students' goals to make me cry today and yesterday. I'm proud to say I held it together! But when they gave me gifts and threw me a going away party, I didn't think I would make it.

Dayanis assured me it would be just fine if I cried, and that she would gladly get pictures of it. But I just wasn't feeling that for some reason.

Tomorrow the plan is to go spend my last day in CaƱazas with the whole family. I'm so excited, and Dayanis may just get her wish and see me cry when I leave for the airport Saturday morning.

This trip has been nothing short of incredible, and I thank the Lord that He asked me to come do this for Him.

I really don't think this is the last time I'll be in Panama...I know I'm leaving pieces of my heart here, and I cannot wait till I get to come back!

Well.....

This is probably the last post from this trip.

Thank you so much prayer warriors back home.

And thank you for reading! I hope these posts were as much a blessing for you to read as they were for me to write them!

With that, I'll say a bittersweet Adios!


(P.S. sorry for the lack of pictures again. If I end up taking any more I promise I'll post them!)

No comments:

Post a Comment